Thursday, March 02, 2006

Trials

For a while I've been feeling a little overwhelmed. With RSV, chicken pox, bronchialitis, a calling to the primary presidency, chicken pox again, Hazel's passing, a horrible 15 hour drive with crying kids, and chicken pox a third time around (Caroline's turn), you get the picture. Anyway, the other day I realized that there is probably something I need to learn from all this, so I better figure it out quick so all these "trials" can ease up. In talking to a few friends recently, I think I figured it out what I need to relearn:
1. Heavenly Father is only going to give me what I can handle.
2. If I could pick my trials I would pick the ones that I've been given.
3. When I reach out to help others in their times of need my problems don't seem so big.

Several of my friends are dealing with things like iffy pregnancy, divorce, and major illnesses. I'll take grumpy kids and minor illness and I guess I'll get used to the primary presidency.

5 comments:

Shana said...

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. February is always our worst month for sickness and we've spent the past two February's in the hospital. I hope it passes quickly. I can't think of a better candidate for the Primary Presidecy--you'll do a fantastic job!

B said...

Taffy! I feel your pain, and I must admit that I've been feeling the same way recently! I hope that Caroline is doing ok with those itchy blisters!. And just let me know when you need suggestions/ideas for Primary... i should have a few pertinent things laying around here...
Hang in there!
We loved seeing you all this past weekend, even if the ride and the reason werenot happy ones!

Peanut said...

Wow, that is a lot going on. You have my sympathies. I'll keep you in my prayers. (Plus, lately I've been fondly remembering when I visited your family in San Diego--I miss you guys. Wish I could be there to help!)

Peanut said...

P.S. I just noticed that your link to my blog isn't quite right. FYI.

dani said...

Aw Catherine! I'm sorry that you have been feeling overwhelmed. It was so nice to get to see you guys when you were in town however brief that was. Sorry that you are now going thru the Pox for the 3rd time. Yowsa! Hope things get better for you soon. *hugs* dani