I felt so low the other day. Completely out of control. Once I made my commitment, it took a lot of willpower to stay way from the sweets. I fought through and it was nice at the end of the day to have a treat. I had set a limit and stuck to it. I felt good. Yesterday I didn't even crave the sweets! I didn't feel like I needed a treat at the end of the day so I didn't have one. I guess its a lot easier once all that sugar gets out of your system. Today I feel good about myself. I think I have accomplished something. I know I still need to control myself but now I know that I can.
5 comments:
Good for you! I gave up sweets myself for a number of months last year--I know how much willpower it can take. I found I got a few questions when I'd turn down an offered treat, but I'd say something about a "non-sweet lifestyle" and that was explanation enough. Keep it up!
Thanks for the support. I was hesitant to even post these blogs (that's why they got published at the same time.) Anyway, this is part of the real me. Plus, ya'll are my family and what better support group could I find.
Good for you. I am impressed by your courage and willpower. (Okay, I also feel a bit uncomfortable with how well your criteria fit my own behavior.) Thank you for being a good example for us.
" I know that I can." I love that part. I know you can, too!
Thanks for letting us be your support group, Catherine. We love you and want you to feel our love. I love that you are human and have challenges like me too. Through all my struggles, I have found it helpful not only to avoid the "red light" or unhealthy behavior, but to find "green lights" or healthy behaviors. I hope a green light for you can be to call me. You know I am probably awake anyway (as I noticed your comment one time was at 1:00 am). :)
Post a Comment