Today is the day. I am admitting that I have an addiction. Following are the reasons I call this an addiction:
I hide and do it in secret.
I do it even though I know it is not good for me.
I crave it all the time.
While I'm doing it I know I should stop. I don't crave it any more but I can't stop until it is all gone.
I am addicted to sweets. If they are in my house I eat them and I eat them all. I know there are much worse things to be addicted to but I still feel out of control. I am hoping that by admitting my addiction I can then empower myself to overcome it.
I am now making a rule that I can only have one small treat a day.
Maybe someday I can be like Keith who doesn't even enjoy treats. Well, maybe not but, maybe I can atleast control myself.
3 comments:
Catherine,
This made me smile...I'm the same way. Sometimes my philosophy is "if I eat all of the sweets right now, there won't be any more around to tempt me!" Then I proceed to carry out this, um, brilliant idea. I like the one sweet a day idea much better! :)
Catherine, I have been feeling the same way recently. The other day I was absolutely horrible(but I'm not going to share the details...way to embarrassing). I have only begun to admit to myself that there is a problem. Thank you for your courage in posting. You and Mommy are my heroes (you're female so I guess heroine would be appropriate).
I just hope that your post gives me enough courage to do the deed and kick the addiction. I have managed it with Swedish fish...now for all the other sweets!
Thanks Taffy!
SWEETS!!!!! YES GIVE ALL SWEETS TO MY FACE!!!!!! Man, I wish I was as strong as you..... I know that I need try to do something about my ad..add...adic..adiction..... aaaahhhh I said it. But I just don't think I can I love chocolate and anything sugary far tooooooo much. But I better start now or I will end up in my mothers shoes -Diabetic- Well that was a real downer. I like your idea about the one sweet treat a day.... maybe I will try that. love ya Taffy!
Post a Comment