Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Dairy Day


Today we met Sarah and Lara at a local dairy farm. We got to go on a hay ride, milk a cow (the picture is Aunah milking) pet all kinds of animals, and go through a hay maze.

It's a pretty small place but we stayed for almost three hours because the kids were having so much fun. Jessie was ready to move into the rabbit hutch. Caroline and Scott were building a business in the hay maze. Naomi enjoyed crawling through the child size holes in the hay. She also fell in love with a little chicken. Jeffrey and I were just trying to keep the donkey from eating the diaper bag. (Apparently there was something in there that smelled really good to the donkey.)

What a fun place to play!


6 comments:

B said...

It looks like you all had a great time...even the donkey! What kind of wrap/sling is that you were using with Jeff?
PS I found some stubs from that park we all went to over Thanksgiving ...there are some coupons ($2off and I have three) for the ticket books, would you be interested in those?

Taffy said...

You like my sling? I made it by folding the small star blanket that Mommy made for Jessie in half lengthwise and sewing it into a ring. It worked really well. I got the idea from some friends in San Diego.

B said...

Awesome! What size ring did you use and where did you get it?

Boss said...

What fun! I can't believe how big all those kids are! I haven't seen Aunah since she was a baby, and there she is milking cows! And Caroline and Scott seem a little young to be entrepreneurs, but I'm sure their business was a raging success. I'm glad everyone had such a great time.

Taffy said...

No ring but the fabric its self B. Fold the fabric in half and sew it, thus making a ring. Sorry for the confusion.

Sarah&Wim said...

What adorable little kids! What a fun day! Wow, I wish I was 4 years old again.