In Honor of Hazel Hancock Johnson
May 19, 1921 - February 21, 2006
A mother, a grandma, great-grandma, too
A joy, precious treasure to all that she knew.
With love and happiness, strong, unrestrained
Her friendship for all could not be contained.
Sweet Grandma, we miss you, and love you, too.
We treasure the thought and remembrance of you.
Our finite minds still long for you near.
Yet thoughts of eternity bring comfort and cheer.
Thank Heaven for Grandma, who's comfortable touch
Brought love to so many who'll miss her so much.
May 19, 1921 - February 21, 2006
A mother, a grandma, great-grandma, too
A joy, precious treasure to all that she knew.
With love and happiness, strong, unrestrained
Her friendship for all could not be contained.
Sweet Grandma, we miss you, and love you, too.
We treasure the thought and remembrance of you.
Our finite minds still long for you near.
Yet thoughts of eternity bring comfort and cheer.
Thank Heaven for Grandma, who's comfortable touch
Brought love to so many who'll miss her so much.
Keith's step-grandma passed away suddenly on Tuesday. I guess she was only my step-grandma-in-law, but she is the only grandma I've ever really known. I in no way claim to be a poet, it just seemed appropriate.
4 comments:
MMY says:
Looks like an excellent poem to me. Sorry for your loss! Great hope for the hereafter.
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Hazel sounds like such a sweet grandma. Your poem is a beautiful tribute! You'll be in our thoughts & prayers!
I'm sorry about your grandma. That is an amazing poem. You are such a sweet thoughtful person. I hope you are doing o.k.
What a lovely poem. Thank you for sharing it.
Post a Comment