Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sedona


We spent Friday night and Saturday in beautiful Sedona AZ. Keith ran a half marathon on Saturday. He was a little worried about the elevation (over 4000 ft) and all the hills. (there were no flat spot on the course) His worry was for naught because he did awesome! His goal was to finish under 2 hours. His time was 1:48:58. I don't think I could even finish a race that long. I'm very proud of my man.

We had lunch at the Red Planet Diner. It was a cool place all decked out in UFO's and aliens. The kids thought it was great. The food was pretty good but we waited a long time for it. I guess the aliens in the kitchen went on strike or something.

We spent several hours admiring the awesome red rock formations. We saw Coffeepot Rock, Sphinx Rock, Chimney Rock, Castle Rock, Bell Rock, Courthouse Rock, and even Snoopy Rock. The best part is that they really look like their names. Jessie and Caroline really enjoyed finding them on the map and then being able to see them for real! Definitely a fun family trip!

No comments: