
Well I may be meager but it was all I could produce in my spare time between laundry, doctors appointments, dishes, the bus stop, fighting the principal, kids homework, church callings, sleep, etc. I had a lot of fun creating new designs. I was up quite late several nights, not realizing how late it was because I was having so much fun creating things. My favorites are the frilly pink socks.

I thought a few Halloween pieces would be fun for the season, too.

Saturday was the big craft fair. Of course, when I signed up I didn't realize that it was also conference weekendbecause well it was the last Saturday in September, not the first Saturday in October. Anyway, I was planning to just skip conference on Saturday and go to the craft fair, since I can always read or listen to the talks later. Keith and I went to the temple (back to Redlands, wow twice in one week!) on Friday. The whole time I was there I thought about the fair and conference. I had reaffirmed to me that the blessings of conference were much greater than the blessings of the craft fair. I was just about ready to abandon the fair but Keith thought it silly for me to work so hard and then give up. The fair was not far from our house (still on base) so I spent the day going back and forth. The conference was edifying and the craft fair was fun. It was a day well spent. I took the kids to McDonald's for dinner while Keith went to priesthood meeting.
Caroline was happy that her favorite pair of socks didn't sell. I promised the kids they could each pick something out after the fair. Caroline didn't want to take her socks off once they were on.
8 comments:
They are all beautiful! I'd not want to take them off either, Caroline. Glad you could enjoy the best of both on conference Saturday. Love Y'all! SPH-1
Wow! Those are awesome! I don't know how you do it all, Taffy! Love you!
Crafty is right? Umm, am I too old to wear socks with lacy pink ruffles? Perhaps I could commission a set in ladies size 7-8?
Oopsie! The previous comment is from me, not Coach. I wasn't paying attention, apparently. But perhaps the Coach would like a pair of lacy socks too? Coach?
If you want I could make a matched set for you and Coach. Should I make some for Sam and Malcom too?
Taffy - those are awesome. Thanks for sharing. I want you to teach me how to do the ponytail holders with the long ribbons. I think Ainsley would love those! Did you make any money? Did you crochet the flowers or are they premade and you attached them? Really cute!
Your girls are so lucky to have such a crafty mom. I'm very impressed--both with your skills and your time management. Fabulous!
Lady, the ribbon ponies are the easiest of all the things I made. They can use up the ribbon fast but they are very fast to make. You just cut the ribbon 2x as long as you want it to hang. Fold the ribbon in half and loop it arounf the ponytail holder. Also, I bought the flowers premade but I bought them to copy. I hope to make my own next time.
Post a Comment