Caroline's class had the fire station come to them. (Her teacher takes tons of pictures and emails them.)
She got to sit in the truck,

get suited up,

practice crawling under the "smoke"

and hold the hose.

Naomi, Jeffrey and I took a trip to the fire house on Friday for an open house. Jeff loved the trucks. Naomi thought the trucks were ok, but she really enjoyed the bounce house and the popcorn.


Yeah for fire prevention!!!
3 comments:
What cute little firewomen/man! I think it's great that there's a program to teach important stuff like "crawling under the smoke" at such a young age. Let's hope they never need it. But it looks like everyone had fun! Did you get to drive the truck too, Taffy?
Wow, I don't remember ever getting to sit in a fire truck or practice going under the smoke. I'm glad they got to do that, it sounds like a lot of fun and a good learning experience too (going under the smoke that is...I can't see any of them driving a firetruck, except maybe for Jeff--he looks pretty happy behind the wheel!)
I love all the pictures. Thanks for taking the time to get the kids involved in worhwhile activities that help them know how to be safe in a possible hard to handle event. We love all'yall
Post a Comment