Friday, October 06, 2006

Running Man

Last Friday Keith ran in a half marathon. He did so awesome! Not only did he beat his personal record by over 10 min but he came in third place and won a medal!!!

This is what Keith wrote last week when he sent this picture to his family:
I ran in a half marathon here on base this morning. Most of the runners were Marines, but there were two Navy guys from the hospital (me and one other person). I got third overall and the other Navy runner took second. It was a good day for Navy running. I had a Marine trying to catch up to me for the second half of the race, and he kept me motivated. It was a lot of fun.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Keith! Good job Navy! You are a good example to all of us in setting a goal and working to accomplish it. Congratulations! SPH-1

Christine said...

Way to go Navy! And more importantly, way to go Keith! I have a lot of respect for anyone who sees a race that long through, not to mention winning a medal. Congratulations!

Ree said...

Wow! I knew Keith was athletic, but placing in a half-marathon...that's really impressive. Congratulations!

Froga-lee said...

Wow! Great race! Beating your own time by 10 minutes is a huge accomplishment! Do you want to do the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving? I am planning on running again(barring any injuries in the meantime.)

Taffy said...

If the Turkey Trot is going to happen Keith would love to run. Last time he checked the web sight it saif it might be canceled this year:(

Trick said...

I am so impressed with how great Keith did! That's great! I want to see Kieth challenge Lara to their own turkey trot. But, I think Keith should have a hanicap. Perhaps Caroline could ride on his back...