Friday, October 13, 2006
Girls Scouts
Because of his new calling at church (young mens pres.), Keith has been very busy lately with the boy scouts. A little while ago, Jessie asked, "Do they have any thing like girl scouts?" Both she and Caroline were very excited to learn that yes there was girl scouts! A few days later one of the other moms at the bus stop told me that she was starting a troop and would love to have Caroline in it. She also gave me information about a troop that Jessie could join. (Caroline is a Daisy and Jessie a Brownie.) They had their first meetings this week and enjoyed them so much. There are so many fun activities for them to do. They can't wait to get uniforms and badges. I love seeing them so energized.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
How fun! I hope they both have a great time, I know I loved it when I was their age.
I was a brownie once upon a time. I remember loving to wear my uniform to school on the days we had meetings. Have fun girls!
I was just thinking about this for Mimi recently. I'm glad there are troops your girls can join, and be so excited about it!
Ever since my husband was the Cub Master, our son could not wait to be a cub scout. I have worried that it will be a long 6 or 7 years... I am so glad your girls have these opportunities!
I hope they will have a fun experience. I so wanted to be a brownie when we lived in Seattle but it didn't work out until we moved to Easton. I was eight and I walked all by myself to a church after school and met in the basement with girls my age whom I didn't know. I payed my 10 cent dues each week and we got to do crafts. I liked the crafts but I made no connection with the girls or the leaders. I went to day camp that summer before we moved on to Forks. It was good but, again, I remember feeling alone. After that, Girl Scouts wasn't very important to me. I did get a good summer job as a lifeguard at a Girl Scout camp and so I was happy to have the insight I received as a child. Those were times when I would have loved to have a sister near my age.
I really like that I'm a girl scout.
Post a Comment