After a week with the refridgerator in the living room, and the washer, dryer and one of the toilets in the garage, the tile is in and my house is back together. It is nice to have the project done. The only problem is that the grout dried really light. Apparently we are slobbs 'cause we have some stained spots already. Keith did some research and found that we can stain the grout a darker color on purpose. So now we have another project. Hopefully we don't have to move the appliances as much this time.

10 comments:
It looks awesome! I love tile floors.
It does loook great! I assume these projects are to get the house ready to sell? When do you make the move to the middle of no-where California?
Catherine - I love the tile. Isn't always ashame that we get our houses exactly how we want them and then we sell them. Good luck with the selling process. After going thru it last year this time - I am ready to take a breather from selling for a long time! Will you buy a house in the next place or live on base?
Brittney
Yes this is all part of readying the house for sale. We are planning to buy at our next location, too. I go a little crazy when I think about buying and selling and moving but I feel like its the right thing.
Looks really nice. Maybe you can do the same thing in your next house and enjoy it for longer.
You guys are very handy! It looks great! Enjoy it while you can!
Also, I'm a little out of date with the details. Where are you moving? Do you know how long you'll be there? When is the departure date?
Grout can be:
- cleaned / bleached (loaded with chemicals)
- stained (as you already know)
- sealed / painted
- dug out and replaced
- made any color you want before istallation
- replaced with a polymer (silicone, acrylic, etc.).
Porosity allows many mistakes and solutions, until it is filled.
Daddy-"O"
It looks awesome. Your kitchen looks warmer and more inviting. Don't forget to seal the grout after you stain it. It keeps a lot of foods from leaving stains.
It looks very good! I am thinking about putting tile in my kitchen, and I'm not even about to move! It has been very helpful to read everyone's comments. Thanks guys!
If anyone is wondering who the fabulous tile worker was, it's Travis' brother, Jason. He is the family floor installer.
I like the border, Catherine. I can't wait to see it in person.
Post a Comment