Warning: This post is about breast feeding, not sandwiches.
During my dentist appointment on Tuesday, antibiotic capsules were placed down under my gum line. I was given a pamphlet about it after the capsules were in. In this pamphlet is says that this medicine should not be used on women who a pregnant or breastfeeding. Well, I'm not pregnant but Jeffrey loves nursing. In fact he tries to pull my shirt off several times a day. (I've felt ready to wean for quite a while but Jeff doesn't agree with me on that subject.) But the medication was in, so the nursing had to stop. Which I'm kind of okay with but I wish I could have had one last nursing knowing it was the last. Anyway, I've discovered that cold turkey quitting hurts. The slightest brush against anything has me writhing in pain. Pumping helps but I don't want to do too much of that since it promotes milk production and the goal is to stop the milk production. Jeff was horribly mad at me all day Tuesday and that night was a nightmare. He seems to be handling it better now and is starting to guzzle milk from his sippy cup. Last night was way better too. In fact he slept all through the night which he hasn't done very much before. Yeah! I'm sure it will all work out in the end but for now Jeff and I are both feeling a little grumpy.
5 comments:
Oh, Catherine! I am sorry! While I've never stopped nursing cold turkey, I have a baby who has gone on a hunger strike a time or two. :( I hope things continue to get better! And congrats on getting Jeff to sleep through the night!
Try an antihistamine. I went cold turkey with Hunter and after 2 days of excruciating pain, I took a sudafed and ah. . . relief! Dried me right up. Good luck and hope you're better soon.
I'm so sorry! That sounds awful! I'm mad at your dentist on your behalf because he/she ABSOLUTELY should have talked with you about the medication before giving it to you. And they should ask about your current health--including pregnancy/lactation -- at each visit. But I'm OK with it if you are. :) (But if you're not, I'd be happy to send a nasty letter!) I hope things get better quickly.
Okay, so she did ask if my health status had changed since my last visit (witch was one week prior). I said no, knowing that I had marked that I was breasfeeding. I assumed that since she had aske dthat quesrion while looking at the exact paper that said I was breast feeding, I didn't need to mention it specificly. I guess my assumption was wrong.
You're probably fine by the time I write this, but I feel for you. I have never quit that way, but I have had tough engorged days, and I know your pain.
Post a Comment