Thursday, June 14, 2007

Cinnamon Burn

I've always liked cinnamon. It just makes everything taste so good! My friend gave me a plate of cinnamon chocolate chip cookies last week...they didn't last long! I also put a ton of cinnamon on my Autumn Splendor Roast. And how can you eat oatmeal without cinnamon? I do have one bad memory of cinnamon though. I'm not sure how old I was (maybe 3 or 4) but I distinctly remember sitting on the bench at the kitchen (picnic) table in PA. We were having oatmeal for breakfast and like I mentioned before how can you have that without cinnamon? In the process of my little self getting cinnamon on the oatmeal it also got all over me (and the table and the floor and the bench, etc. A little cinnamon is good, but a lot is, well, painful! I had a cinnamon burn on my belly!
I think Jeffrey takes after me because not only was one of his first words cinnamon but the scene I just described was replayed this morning. The picture is not all that clear but, the belly and the legs were quite red with cinnamon burn. (I got a little burn on my arm too while cleaning it all up.) It still tastes good though!

4 comments:

Emmy said...

I never knew cinnamon could do that!

Mark said...

Cinnamon chips are real good in pancakes.

Anonymous said...

wow!I didt know that cinnamon burns cood hert.cinnamon burns! aw aw aw aw hot!hot!hot!hot!hot!hot!hot!

Princess Gerty said...

Poor boy! I didn't know that could happen, either. At least this serves as a warning for me... I hope the little guy has healed nicely by now.