Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Havasupai Falls

I went with my a few of the young men from our ward on a backpacking trip to Havasupai Falls in the Grand Canyon this summer. It was definitely worth the 10 mile hike down. (Twenty miles round trip). We had a great time and it was beautiful. It is one of those places that everyone should see at some point in their lives.

These first two pictures were taken from the parking lot at the trailhead.




Havasu Falls

Mooney Falls has a drop of about 200 ft. (Niagara Falls is about 170 ft). Mooney was my personal favorite.


Hiking down to Mooney Falls


Beaver Falls

Playing on the rope swings


We were there during monsoon season, but we ended up having some pretty decent weather. There were flash floods shortly before we got there so the water was a bit murky for the first couple of days, but it cleared up. We had a blast hiking down the creek and checking out all the travertine pools. We were ready to come home after a week but I would definitely do it again.

5 comments:

Ree said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

B said...

Those are awesome pics Tee! How far from the falls is Lake Havasu? I recently read a rather interesting article about an amoeba in Lake Havasu (sad thing is I'm not even kidding! HA!)

Lady said...

Wow, what amazing beauty. Isn't our world fabulous? I'm glad you had a great time. I'd love to take my kids there sometime.

Keith C said...

B,
Lake Havasu is a completely different place from Havasu Falls, though they are both in AZ.

Princess Gerty said...

B did you read about the killer amoeba? (I think it got up someone's nose and the infection killed the brain). If so, that is interesting, since I heard about that too.

Anyway, Awesome pictures, Tee, I would love to go there!