In preparation for uniform inspection this morning, I took Keith's dress blues uniform to the cleaners on Tuesday. I told them we would need to have it back on Thursday. They said no problem. Keith went to pick it up last night after work and was told they did not have it and that he could pick it up the next day. Um, no. Uniform inspection is at 6:45am. Apparently the suit had been sent to the next town over for cleaning and had not come back yet. They did admit their mistake (since the paperwork clearly stated that it was to be back on Thursday) and sent an employee to go fetch the suit. Keith got home with the suit shortly after 8pm.Last night I helped Keith Windex his shoes and the bill of is cover(hat), lint roll his suit, and use fingernail clippers to remove any stray threads from seams.
This morning I gave the back of Keith's neck a close shave.
The work paid off. After standing at attention or parade rest for an hour this morning he was declared "outstanding." I don't know why they have to go through all that. They could have just asked me. I've know he was outstanding for a long time!
4 comments:
Keith's costume is very nice, but it sounds like it was a little more work than the kids'costumes -- what with all the cleaning and clipping and rolling and shining. You definitely earned that "outstanding!" Both of you!
Nice work Taffy. You are outstanding for sure. After all that work this week, I sure hope you are pampered well for your birthday!
I can understand why Keith was declared "outstanding." As his mother I have always said that about him! Love you! Mom
Cathrine Please call me...I would love to see you this weekend. Do you still have my cell phone. I don't want to put it on the web so call Heidi if you need to get ahold of me after tomorrow morning. Thanks Amy B.
Post a Comment