
The baby humming birds learned to fly today. One flew to our car and needed to rest there a while. The other flew around in our tree for half the day before venturing

farther. I guess once baby humming birds learn to fly they go away and never come back. I miss them a little. It was so fun to "check on them" every day with the kids. Waldo is still a staying around the tree but I can't help but think she's lonely. (Maybe she needed a break though.) I hope we have a birds nest at our next house too.
4 comments:
She will probably lay more eggs. I think most birds lay more than one clutch a season and use the same nest, as long as it doesn't get removed. So maybe she isn't lonely. Maybe she's really busy. Keep us posted.
What a beautiful photo! What kind of tree is that with the purple flowers?
I think it's called a chaste tree. Is that right Lara?
I was just looking it up! Its proper name is vitex agnus-castus but is also known as a chaste tree, a monk's pepper tree, a hemp tree, or a sage tree. It is getting really pretty now just in time to sell the house.
Post a Comment