Friday, May 18, 2007

Half marathon


I ran another half marathon here on base a couple of weeks ago and took second place this time. The wind was pretty nasty, but I still managed to improve my time. One of these days I might acutally win a race!

I used to get out every Saturday and run at least 10 miles, but that has become much more difficult recently. It's hard to find a spare 2 hours anymore--even on the weekends. But I am still determined to be ready to run the Long Beach Marathon in October. I am motivated because it cost $65 to register! My optometry staff is going to run the marathon with me. Right now some of them can barely run 2 miles without passing out, so it could get interesting!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your determination! Good luck!

Ree said...

Congratulations! I am so impressed with people like you who have that much stamina!

B said...

Great Job on placing in the base 1/2 marathon! And good luck continuing to train for the marathon, especially with all the scouting commitments you have!

Coach said...

I just try not to get winded between the garage and the front door.

Froga-lee said...

Way to go! I think second is great. I don't do longer races because I don't have time for the long training runs. If you can keep training outside during the summer, it is a sign you are truly acclimated to the desert!

Boss said...

Wow!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Keith. You don't look too worse for the wear! Mom

Princess Gerty said...

whoa, good for you.