Saturday, May 02, 2009

Spring Luau and other goings on

Today the hospital where Keith works had a little luau. They rounded up some girls a few weeks ago to learn a couple dances. Jessie, Caroline, and Naomi had a blast learning and performing the dances. The luau was fun but in true Twentynine Palms style it was super windy. Even mostly full cans of soda were getting blown over. Here you can see hair, shirts and leis flying in the gale.
In other happenings...
Jeff has started T-ball. He really enjoys hitting the ball and kicking up as much dirt as possible. We keep telling him to pay attention when he is in the field but he just makes dirt clouds. It reminds me of Pigpen from Charlie Brown. His coach calls him the running dust storm.
A couple weeks ago Keith ran in a race to honor fallen heroes. It was hosted by the police force in Chino. Keith was the only Navy rep. He took second place in his age group but most exciting is that he got a new PR for 5K. He is so awesome!
Jessie and Caroline also ran the whole race. I have no idea what their times were but I was so impressed that they ran the whole thing. I thought that they would give up part way (I guess I lacked faith in them.) I walked the 5K (at quite a fast pace) pushing the double stroller with Naomi, Jeff, Kiersti and a whole bunch of hats, jackets, water bottles, an umbrellas stroller and other gear all crammed in. (That was really heavy.) Lucky for me, Keith came back and found me after he finished. Then I only pushed one child in the umbrella stroller and he got to take the heavy load. Here is the family picture taken at the event. As you can see everyone was very excited to have their pictures taken.
Here is a toad in our backyard. I did not try kissing him.

5 comments:

Like Mike said...

Yea, good you did not kiss the toad. You have enough princes. :)

Boss said...

That is a big toad. I wouldn't kiss him either.

Congrats to the whole family on running/walking/strolling the 5K! I only do 5K races by car.

Whitney said...

The girls were so cute at the luau. Stupid wind.

Princess Gerty said...

Trick says the wind is God's way of punishing the soda drinkers. Your girls look so cute despite the wind. Way to go Keith, taking 2nd! We will see him on ESPN one day! Way to go girls for finishing the whole distance! Nice toad--Princess A may have kissed it, she's done that before! THANK YOU SO MUCH for the post. I was missing you!

Anonymous said...

Iam glad you did not kissthe toad. that luau looks fun