Saturday, August 16, 2008

We Did It!

I followed Shana's tip and found some local letterbox clues. First we tried the closest one and though we enjoyed the family nature walk, we never found the box. But this time we got it!


The challenge this time was finding the burial ground. I knew it was here in town but I didn't know exactly where. But after a little research I discovered it was in a place I had driven by a few times before and I even parked in front of it before when I went to the store that is across the street!(The kids also had some fun with body crayons today.) Once we found the burial ground it was not hard to find the box. The kids were so excited to find the "treasure" this time and everyone got to stamp their own card. I wish I knew a little more about the burial ground. There are all these little circles made on the ground with rocks. I was not sure if they were grave sites or places where there used to be trees. (All the trees had rock circles around them too.)

What I liked most about letterboxing was making my own stamp. (I cheated a little because I cut it out of foam paper instead of carving it from an eraser.) But I ended up with my very own Castle Town stamp!
Thanks Shana!

5 comments:

Boss said...

That's the cutest little castle I've ever seen! You totally have to design a family logo for us too. I'm not sure my kids are big enough for letterboxing yet, but I'd totally do it just to use my cute stamp.

Lady said...

Sounds fun. We'll have to try it around here. I think my kids would love it. I love your stamp too.

Christine said...

Nice stamp!

Ree said...

Foam paper--great idea! This letterboxing thing is sounding more and more fun.

Princess Gerty said...

WOW! I love your stamp! How smart to use the foam paper. That sounds like a fun treasure hunt! Like I told you on the phone, sounds similar to the "geocaching" we did in July.