


So, now that the warmer weather is here, we who live in the desert have to be on the lookout for all those poisonous creatures that were sleeping durring the winter. The black widows have moved in on my back porch and just this afternoon I discovered a nice crunchy web in my garage. While at Gertrude's on tuesday, the kids found a scorpion skin on the playground. Last year there was a rattle snake not to far from my back porch so I have been on the lookout this year. The other day, as I was walking in my front door I had a sudden fright. There was something in the corner by the door. I thought aaah! A snake! I quickly realised my folly but still it took a minute for my heart rate to return to normal. On closer examination I discovered a very large toad. I'm not sure were it came from and I have never seen any others around here. I quickly called Naomi and Jeff to come and see. (Jessie and Caroline were still at achool and Kiersti was asleep. ) They thought it was pretty cool.
2 comments:
Toads are fun - those other creepy crawys - NOT SO MUCH FUN!! Keep the toad!
We had a toad outside too. I would take a toad over most of our desert creatures.
Post a Comment