Now that Jessie is 8 she is so excited to be a part of the Faith in God program at church. Today was to be the first activity. The primary president was supposed to pick her up this morning so she could go on a trip to Palm Springs with the group. I guess she forgot, by the time I got in touch with her, she was already there in Palm Springs with all the other girls, except Jessie. All Jessie's dreams about the fun she would have dashed to pieces! We had kicking screaming and crying for a LONG time.
A while ago I made a chore chart for my kids. Really it's worked out quite well. Some of the daily complaining has even calmed down a bit. Well this morning Naomi was supposed to be doing dishes, so I had her up at the sink. I went upstairs to help Jessie get ready for her trip that didn't happen. After a few minutes I sent Jessie down stairs to check on Kiersti while I finished mending the pants that she wanted to wear. She ran into the kitchen and slipped and fell on the wet floor. I guess Naomi, with Jeff's help, had decided that washing just the dishes was not enough. The entire kitchen was wet with about an inch of water on the floor. I quickly grabbed a bunch of towels to sop up the mess. The wet towels are still on the floor.
We quickly ran out the door because by then we had figures that Jessie's ride had missed her and thought we could maybe catch them at the church building before they left for Palm Springs. When we got there the parking lot was empty. All the tears and screaming again.
Emmy has been visiting with us for the day which has been a ton of fun! Today she was to meet some friends and catch a ride with them to her next destination. So right from the church we headed out to the place she was to meet her friends. (Jessie still kicking and screaming in the back seat.) Should be about 2 hours round trip. It actually went pretty well, at first. Naomi likes to tease so she couldn't help but pick on Jessie, who was already quite grumpy. Other than that it was rather uneventful until after we dropped Emmy off. I moved Jessie up to the front seat so Naomi would not have anyone sitting right next to her. This helps keep the contention to a minimum. We listened to a Junie B. Jones book on CD it was great. Well, then it was time to change the CD. Our van does not have a CD player, but we do have a portable DVD player so that is how we listen to CD's. Jessie was trying to take care of the CD changing so she went to pick up the DVD player by the case. Well, it was not strapped into the case so it started to fall out. I quick tried to grab it but, well I should have just let it fall because in trying to save the DVD player, I went off the road. And then back on again and then spun around and then hit the sand bank. (There are lots of sand banks here in the desert.) And there we stopped. Stuck in the sand, but very grateful for seat belts and car seats! Everyone was fine. A bit shaken but really, just fine. Some nice passers-by stopped and helped get the van out of the sand. There is a pretty good dent in the bumper, but other wise I think the van is in good shape.
We made it home without further incident.
I'm ready for the day to be over.
It's only noon.
9 comments:
Wow! Tears and screaming and spinning into a sandbank all before noon! I hope, hope, hope that the day got better.
And all before noon? I'm amazed with how much you do! I'm glad everyone was ok, but sorry that you had to deal with all of that. I too hope things started looking up!
Oh...poor Catherine. That's a really really bad day. Hope things got better and not worse.
Glad the accident was a minor one, and no one was hurt. But I'm feeling sorry for Jessie--being left behind would really hurt. I hope her leader will make it up to her somehow.
Uugghh!! I sympathize for you! Why does everything have to go wrong on the same day. So happy everyone is ok.
Poor Taffy! I hope Saturday the 25 and Sunday the 26 were better, cause I sure wouldn't want any repeats on your Friday the 24!
Wow, what a morning. Glad tou are all ok. Love y'all. Aunt BettyBoop
I'm glad that you are all ok. I hope things are going better! WE LOVE YOU!
I am so sad--especially for Jessie. I know that must really hurt! We love ya'all!
Post a Comment