
Our spring break started with a cool surprise package from Lady! Late b-day gifts are great cause you get a surprise when you are really not expecting it! She sent face paint---which quickly became neck paint, hand paint, foot paint, belly paint, floor paint and all purpose bathroom paint! They had so much fun! And it all washed off too!
Next on the spring break agenda was several trips to the doctor's office. Yep, we all got sick. Really it was just a bad cold but
Kiersti got it too. When an infant less than 2 months starts running a fever, well the doctors like to err on the side of caution.

X-rays, blood
cultures, (blood draws on infants are NO fun) antibiotic shots, and checkups three days in a row kept us practically living at the
peds clinic. A cold and ear infection can really mess up the spring break plans! I'm glad to know that she is OK, though. I had hoped to get some Easter dresses made during some of that time as well as spend some time taking the kids to various parks, having picnics and maybe even going to the circus that was in town. Maybe next year!
We did have a blast when the hoards came for Easter and
Kiersti Anne's blessing! Paul &Dani, B & her crew as well as all the

grandparents came for the weekend. We sure had a full house! Caroline and Mimi were almost inseparable and
JJ and Naomi had a good time together too. I enjoyed watching them have so much fun together!
I spent most of Saturday sewing so I could make good on my promise of Easter dresses for my girls. I'm glad I was able to finish them (thanks to wonderful help from my visitors) but I feel a little bad that I did that instead of being hostess for all my guests. I made sure to be around for the egg hunt though! Jeffrey was so cute. He wasn't sure what to do at first. I told him to get the eggs because there was candy inside. He

would pick up the eggs, open them and dump the candy in his basket. Then he threw the plastic eggs back on the ground! I guess he knows were the good stuff is, why bother with the plastic!

As you can see Nathan was very good, as usual, at keeping us all entertained. I'm not sure why he took a liking to
Caroline's pink bandanna, but he did. I think he even wanted to take the thing home with him. It was cute to see him sing and dance to his songs that only he could hear while he was wearing a pink bandanna.
Jeffrey and
JJ had a collision on the slide leaving

Jeff with a black eye!

Jessie joined him a few days later. Hers was from a base ball. We are still working on catching the ball rather than getting hit with it. I told her that at least she could use the mitt to cover her face so she won't get hit with the ball! Oh well, what's life for if not to laugh at the optometrist

who has

two kids with black eyes! anyway, we sure did enjoy our spring break and all our wonderful visitors. Maybe there were a few things we could have done with out but we take the good with the bad.
1 comment:
Taffy- Thanks so much for posting the painted faces. I am glad they enjoyed it and I hope the mess wasn't too big to clean up. Sounds like you packed in ALOT of fun!!! Wish we lived closer so we could have joined you!
Post a Comment