Sunday, February 10, 2008

Nutcrackers

Well, I'm a little (or a lot) late but I had some fun pictures to share from the past couple months so I thought I should get started.
Jessie, Caroline and Naomi love dancing! For the Christmas season their dance instructor decided to do The Nutcracker Remix (remix because she added a lot of jazz and because you never know what will happen when you put kids on the stage!) Here are Jessie and Caroline with a few other of the Flute Faries.

They were also Party Girls For the scene at the beginning. They got to wear their Christmas Dresses for theat scene. (you'll see those later)


This is Naomi with the very few Gumdrop Faries. When her class started back in the fall it was very full with almost 20 kids. There were a lot of drop outs though, leaving only 4 at performance time. Only two of them ended up dancing because the other two just stood on the stage apparently lost as to what they were supposed to be doing there. So the two in pink gumdrops (El and Naomi) danced beautifully with red and purple statues in between.


By the way, these pictures were taken back stage. The ones on stage were too dark. The girls had a ton of fun and they really did a great job!


The next day there was a Christmas party here on the base. (Military life has some fun perks.)One of the advertised atractions for the party was that the Nutcracker was going to be there!


The girls were excited to be with the Nutcracker twice in one weekend!

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Those ballerina costumes remind me of yours and Gertrude's!

Lady said...

I love dance recitals. I enjoyed when my boys took and they got to be Elvis and monsters. And Ainsley's second recital is coming up in June. The girls look so cute and happy in their shiny sparkly costumes!

Princess Gerty said...

I love that huge nutcracker. My kids would love that!